- 30b Street, Al Wuheida Area, Deira, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Sabari Indian School
SABARI means “effecting change to transform for the better”. The vision of the school is “To create a transformative learning culture that enables children to Share, Innovate and Succeed in life and work!!!”. Through transformative education we look towards the infinite possibilities that can be created for the positive development of children and adults.
The key features of the curriculum are that it is learner-centric and focuses on experiential learning, analysis and discovery.
The CBSE curriculum is inquiry-driven, based on individual learning styles in terms of pedagogy and assessment. It addresses global needs and also relates to local issues and Arabic culture. It aims to promote critical and creative thinking skills, effective communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills and information and media skills.
The entire curriculum is transacted with various units of inquiry with a core area that incorporates Perspectives (informed positions), Critical Thinking, Research Projects, Life Skills and Social Empowerment through Work and Action.
Five learning areas represented as the five petals intersect in a cross-curricular approach
2. Critical Thinking
3. Research Projects
4. Life Skills
5. Social Empowerment
The primary objective of development is to nurture the spirit of exploration and inquiry, based on the 5E technique — Engage, Explore, Explain, Elaborate and Evaluate. Students are encouraged to conduct research at both elementary and complex levels. The time-table allows adequate time for students and teachers to read, collect data, construct, discuss, analyse and share their findings with each other on a regular basis.
The teacher gives clues, engaging the students by giving them activities and hints on what they’re going to learn for the day.
– Pre-primary section houses the Kindergarten Classes, activity rooms and outdoor play areas.
– Activity rooms, library, integrated laboratory and spaces for open group activities in the primary block, make schooling a pleasant experience for students of early primary (Grade 1 & 2) and primary (Grade 3 to 5).
– The secondary school will accommodate Grade 6 & 7, and have well equipped laboratories, library, activity rooms, play grounds, facilities for indoor games and an auditorium.
– Basketball, football, badminton, chess and cricket are given primary importance and have trained professionals to coach the students.
– SIS has both indoor and outdoor fields to provide the ultimate interactive experience for children of all ages.
– The school has been well-laid out to inspire interaction and active participation.
Extra – Curricular
– With the needs and provisions for students, teachers and parents in mind, the physical space of SIS reflects beauty, thoughtfulness and interaction with the elements of Nature.
– Yoga and meditation, herbal gardening with an upcoming indoor swimming pool add to the value of the infrastructure of the school, where children experience a sense of belonging and feel safe.
– The SIS campus has open spaces and corridors that provide healthy learning atmosphere.
The school reflects the implementation of the 4 Rs – Reduce, Re-use, Recycle and Replenish.
– SIS is situated on 30 b Street, Al Wuheida Area, Deira Dubai, on 1,00,000 sq ft. of land.
– Situated in the city making it easily accessible.
– SIS also Transport Services covering the entire city of Dubai for students.
Sabari Indian School
Address: 30b Street, Al Wuheida Area, Near Century Mall, PO Box 88965, Dubai, United Arab Emirates