- Villa 8 / 249 B, Al Wasl Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Skin Cancer Treatment Al Wasl Road Dubai
Skin Cancer Treatment Al Wasl Road Dubai – SKIN CANCER is the most common cancer. More than 2 million Americans are diagnosed with skin cancer each year.
With early detection and treatment, skin cancer is highly curable. The most common warning signs of skin cancer include changes in size, shape, or color of a mole or other skin lesion or the appearance of a new growth on the skin.
Skin Cancer Affects Everyone
No matter your skin color you can get skin cancer. Some people have a higher risk of developing skin cancer than others. Age is a key risk factor, but there are many other risk factors.
People with a higher risk for skin cancer have:
• Light colored skin
• Skin that burns of freckles rather than tans
• Blond or red hair
• Blue or green eyes
• More than 50 moles
• Irregularly – shaped or darker moles (nevi) called “atypical” or “dysplastic”
• Used (or use) indoor tanning devices such as tanning beds and sunlamps
Your medical history also can increase your risk of getting skin cancer. You have a much greater risk of developing skin cancer if you have:
History of sunburns, especially blistering sunburns
• Received an organ transplant
• Had skin cancer ( or a blood relative has/had skin cancer)
• A weakened immune system
• Received long-term x-ray therapy, such as x-ray treatments for acne
• Ben exposed to cancer-causing compounds such as arsenic or coal
• An area of skin that has been badly burned, either in an accident or by the sun
Types of Skin Cancer
The most common types of skin cancer are:
• Basal Cell Carcinoma (BCC)
• Squamous Cell Carcinoma (SCC)
Skin Examinations Can Find Skin Cancers Early
There are two types of skin examinations. A skin self-exam involves checking your skin for signs of changes. Your dermatologist performs the other type of skin exam. How often a patient should see a dermatologist for a skin exam varies from patient to patient. Your dermatologist will tell you how often you should have a skin exam. It is very important that you keep every appointment for a skin exam.
How To Examine Your Skin?
The skin self-examination can help you find skin cancer early when treatment can cure the cancer. If you notice anything that growing, changing or bleeding, immediately make an appointment to see your dermatologist.
1. Examine your body front and back, then raise your arms and look at your right and left sides.
2. Bend your elbows; look carefully at your forearms back to upper arms, and palms of your hands.
3. Look at backs of your legs and feet, paying close attention to the spaces between your toes, and your soles.
4. Using a hand mirror, examine the back of your neck. To examine your scalp, part and lift your hair.
5. Finally, use a hand mirror to more closely examine your back and buttocks.
Early Treatment Has a High Cure Rate
Caught early and properly treated, skin cancer can be cured. Even melanoma, which can be deadly, has a cure rate of almost 100% when treated early.
Proper treatment begins with the right diagnosis. To diagnose skin cancer, a dermatologist performs a skin biopsy. This is the best way to diagnose skin cancer. Your dermatologist can perform a biopsy during an office visit.
To perform a biopsy, your dermatologist will remove either the entire skin growth or part of it. The removed skin will be sent to a lab where it will be examined under a microscope.
If the diagnosis is skin cancer, your dermatologist will consider the type of skin cancer, the size and location of the skin cancer, and your health to determine the best treatment for you. When caught early and the entire growth is removed, further treatment may not be needed, your dermatologist will discuss your treatment options and make recommendations.
About Dr. Kamil Al Rustom Skin & Laser Centre
Here, at DR KAMIL AL RUSTOM SKIN & LASER CENTRE, we believe that our success comes from our relentless focus and unyielding dedication on delivering exceptional quality in care for our patients. We consider these two concepts not only vital to the way we execute our duties, but also to our constant maintaining and continuous effort for innovation and high professionalism. One of the key factors that makes us unique is our ability to fulfil and exceed the expectations of our patients – we offer CARE and QUALITY and we combine SAFE medical environment with FRIENDLY atmosphere where patients can feel ‘’ at home’’. Here in my medical centre, my team and I, strive to utilize our desire for innovation and progress by employing our power of diversity and technical prowess in the constantly developing field of Dermatology, Laser and Aesthetics. I am proud to say, that in my team I have gathered some of the most talented professionals with world-wide experience where just being ‘’good’’ is not satisfying enough and we always aim for greatness and continuation of our tradition of excellence. Simply, you can TRUST OUR TRADITION OF QUALITY and with us you can ALWAYS BE WITH THE BEST!
Dr. Kamil Al Rustom Skin & Laser Centre
Villa 8 / 249 B, Al Wasl Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971 4 308 4000