- Jumeirah 1, Street 10C Villa 41, P.O. Box 333423, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- (+971) 4 349 8800
Body Lift in Jumeirah 1 Dubai
Individuals who have undergone massive weight loss surgery are often left with undesirable problem areas, including loose, sagging skin in various areas of the body. The solution we can provide is body lift surgery. Offering sensitivity and compassion, our body contouring surgeon can help patients achieve their desired results. The body lift procedure is designed to remove excess skin and fat from specific areas of the body that are often seen in post-bariatric surgery patients.
Before The Procedure
During an appointment with our surgeon, you will discuss your problem areas and, should you qualify for body lift surgery, he or she will create a personalized treatment plan. Based on your particular case, you may require one or more surgical visits. Typically, the arms, breasts, abdomen, lower back, hips, and thighs have the most excess skin.
During The Procedure
The body lift is performed to remove excess skin and sometimes also fat from the torso and upper legs. It is a complicated procedure that can take three to seven hours under general anesthesia, but it offers an improvement in appearance for patients who have lost significant amounts of weight due to childbearing, diet, exercise or bariatric surgery, or who have loose, inelastic skin for other reasons. The procedure is often combined with others such as breast lifts, face lifts and arm lifts to regain a proper body proportion. During the procedure, skin is lifted from underlying tissue, muscles are tightened and stitched, and fat is removed where necessary, and the skin is sutured closed.
After The Procedure
• Results are visible immediately
• Surgical tubes may be needed for several days to drain any fluid, and patients may need to wear compression garments for a few weeks to facilitate faster healing
• Our body lift patients are encouraged to walk as soon as they are able to after surgery, although strenuous activities must be limited for about a month
• The overall recovery requires four to six weeks that are usually difficult.
Our Medical Center is a unique practice of highly trained professionals offering expert solutions for any type of dermatological or aesthetic concern, delivered with kindness and respect. The experience and knowledge of our board-certified plastic surgeons, general surgeons, vascular surgeons and dermatologists combine to form a unique family of specialists dedicated to the care and rejuvenation of the skin, body and hair. Our practitioners have chosen to be based in our Medical Center, which is formally recognised with full JCAHO accreditation – a mark of quality that only a handful of UAE’s clinics can boast.
We are also accredited by the Joint Commission International based on an extensive evaluation of our performance regarding the following criteria:
• International patient safety goals
• Access to care and continuity of care
• Patient and family rights
• Assessment of patients
• Care of patient
• Anesthesia and surgical care
• Medication management and use
• Quality improvement and patient safety
• Prevention and control of infections
• Governance, leadership, and direction
• Facility management and safety
• Staff qualifications and education
• Management of information
SHAMMA Medical Center
Jumeirah 1, Street 10C Villa 41, P.O. Box 333423, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
(+971) 4 349 8800
Weekdays from 9:00am to 9:00pm