- Umm Suqeim 2, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Care for Your Braces in Dubai
Care for Your Braces in Dubai – Use a soft bristle brush with a toothpaste containing fluoride.
– Brush after every meal.
– If you cannot brush right away, rinse well with water.
– Most importantly, at least once everyday brush vigorously and floss until your teeth and braces are spotlessly cleaned. This should take no less than five minutes.
– To be extra careful, rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash after brushing.
– Concentrate on the Danger Zone! This is the area between your bracket and your gum margin.
Eating proper foods, minimizing sugar intake and getting enough sleep are essential during orthodontic treatment. Your braces are precise appliances that can be damaged by eating hard foods. Some soft and sticky foods can cause tooth decay and loosen or dislodge your braces. Avoid soda pop and drinks that contain sugar. Use common sense when choosing food to put in your mouth and avoid chewing on hard objects such as pens and pencils. Whole fruits and vegetable such as apples and carrots should be cooked or cut into small pieces and eaten carefully.
Loose band or bracket
The seal created by the cement (glue) has been broken. Call office and schedule an appointment. If band or bracket detaches from wire, save it and bring it with you for your next appointment.
Broken arch wire or Headgear, lost ligature or hook
These problems could cause the teeth to shift in the wrong direction and must be corrected as soon as possible. Call our office and schedule an appointment.
That’s the term for a wire that sticks out and cause irritation. Try tucking it in with the eraser part of a pencil. If that doesn’t work, dry it with a napkin and place wax over the wire to prevent further sticking.
To relieve any soreness, rinse your mouth with warm salt water and/or take Advil or Tylenol as directed.
Dr. Joy Dental Clinic
Villa No. 1021
Al Wasl Road
Umm Suqeim 2
United Arab Emirates