- Umm Seqiem, Al Manara, Dubai, UAE
Chemical Skin Peels in Dubai
Chemical Skin Peels in Dubai UAE – Chemical peel is the technique used to improve the appearance of skin of face, neck and hands. The procedure involves applying chemical solution on the skin that peels off the upper damaged layer of skin revealing new clear, healthy, smoother and less wrinkled skin. Chemical peels have various types based on the strengths of chemicals. These types include: superficial peels, medium peels, deep peels
Who is a Candidate?
This procedure is usually used to improve the appearance of skin of face, neck and hands but can be used on other areas of the body as well. You may be an ideal candidate for chemical peeling if:
– You have wrinkles on your skin caused by aging or sun damage.
– You want to eliminate fine lines under your eyes and around your mouth.
– You want to improve the appearance of mild scars.
– You want to treat mild acne.
– You want to reduce the appearance of dark patches, age spots and freckles on the skin.
– You want to improve the overall tone and texture of skin.
– You are not pregnant or nursing.
– You are not experiencing any serious skin condition such as rosacea, eczema and dermatitis.
You may need to follow some instructions for preparation of chemical peeling. Some important pre-treatment tips include:
– Cleanse your skin thoroughly before treatment.
– Stop exfoliation or using any hair removal method.
– Do not use any bleaching or skin lightening product prior to treatment.
– Avoid sun exposure especially in the peak hours that are between 10 am to 2 pm.
– Use broad spectrum sunscreen before going in the sun.
– Follow the prescriptions that may include topical medications, antibiotics and antiviral drugs.
The procedure of chemical peeling is performed on outpatient basis and requires few minutes to complete. The procedural steps include:
– First, the treatment area is cleansed. It does not require any type of anesthesia or numbing cream.
– Then, one or a mixture of more than one chemical are applied on the skin.
– These chemicals make blisters on the skin and peel off the topmost layer of skin and allow new skin cell regeneration. The new skin that reveals is smoother, clearer and less wrinkled.
– Afterwards, cold compresses are used to minimize burning and stinging sensation.
You may experience stinging and burning sensation immediately after the procedure. Redness and scaling are also normal and will resolve completely within few days. Medium peels may also cause blisters and slight swelling. You will be able to return to your work right away after the procedure but the recovery period varies depending on the type and strength of peel used. Deep peels may require little longer for recovery.
Some common and important post-procedure instructions for chemical peels are:
– Use cool compresses to relieve stinging and burning sensation.
– You may also have to take pain medications to relieve discomfort after deep peeling.
– After the treatment, skin becomes sensitive to heat and light, so it is important to avoid sun exposure.
– Use a strong sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays of sun.
– Apply the prescribed topical ointments regularly.
– Keep your skin moisturized.
There are many benefits of chemical peels. Some of them are given below:
– It is non-invasive and pain free procedure.
– It does not require any kind of anesthesia or numbing cream.
– It is simple and quick procedure that does not take more than a few minutes to complete.
– Chemical peels also boost the production of collagen.
– It gives immediate and long lasting results.
– No downtime is required.
– Recovery period is short.
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery is a multispecialty, inter-professional practice with a network of world class clinics in UAE, United States and Europe. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, we are dedicated to providing individualized care and service to each of our patients. We are a team of committed educators; our aim is to educate our patients about the best possible choice of care as it pertains to their individual need thus allowing our patients to make an informed decision. Our team vows to stay at the forefront of technological advances and provide the latest techniques and methods available in the world to our patients. Above all, we are dedicated to maintaining the highest level of safety and quality throughout our practice.
Did you know that in Dubai, chemical skin peels is one of the most popular cosmetic procedure requested by many individuals? This is because this treatment is known to be very effective in healing different kinds of skin problems such as age spots, acne, pigmentation, wrinkles around the eyes and mouth, as well as cancerous and precancerous growths on the skin. You’ll surely achieve an even-toned, younger, healthier and clearer skin when you get several sessions of chemical peels. In addition to that, your skin will have smaller pores and will feel tighter plus thicker because of the enhanced collagen production in it.
Let us first define what a chemical peel is. It is a cosmetic body treatment which aims in enhancing and smoothing the facial skin’s texture through the use of a chemical solution that result for the dead skin to shed and be finally peeled off. After the procedure, smoother and less wrinkled skin will be revealed. There are several types of chemical peels treatments that are grouped according to their strength and depth, as well as their suitability to various kinds of skin. These peels are: AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) which is the lightest and mildest one, BHA which is a light oil-based procedure, TCA for medium strength and Phenol for deep peels treatment.
For lighter or moderate skin peeling, the chemical treatment can be done on either inpatients or out-patient procedure. On the other hand, heavy or deep peels must be an in-theater process. Chemical skin peels are no doubt a favorite among many individuals since it gets rid of the skin’s outer layer which normally suffers from freckles, sunspots, uneven pigmentation and rough, scaly skin patches. It motivates the cell turn over and can sometimes aid in the healing of particular acne problems.
Although there are a number of chemical peels sold in the market these days that anyone can simply apply without any medical license, it is still highly recommended that you consult a dermatologist, otolaryngologist and a maxillofacial or cosmetic surgeon prior to applying these chemical treatments. The reason why you need to talk with an expert first is due to the fact that using facial chemicals varies according to a person’s skin and there are some areas of the skin that doesn’t need treatment.
Take note that whatever skin peel you opted to have, it is of great importance that you always protect your new skin against the damaging and cancer causing UV rays by applying daily sun block protection or by wearing a hat when out in day light. Don’t forget to ask your cosmetic doctor on which of the chemical skin peels procedure will be ideal for your skin so you’ll surely get successful results from your treatment.