- Dubai Internet City, Dubai, UAE
Crystal Lagoons in Dubai Internet City
Crystal Lagoons in Dubai Internet City – Zawya, the Middle East branch of the renowned international news network, Thompson Reuters, highlighted Crystal Lagoons’ project in Dubai progress, starting operations in 2016. The centre piece of the complex will be the world’s largest crystal clear lagoon, whose first stage is already operational.
The pilot lagoon which has now been flooded after preparatory work was completed covers a surface area of 1.4 hectares with a depth of 2.45 metres and a perimeter length of 578 metres. Once fully complete through a series of interconnecting lagoons, it will form the world’s largest manmade lagoon, covering 40 hectares, almost four-times bigger than the world’s largest existing lagoon.
The lagoon is also complemented by a sandy beach, 237 metres in length and a boardwalk that surrounds the lagoon. The perimeter is decorated by lush, green landscaping which gives the impression of an oasis setting. The new lagoon will offer unlimited space for swimming, water sports and other aquatic non motorised leisure activities.
Mohammed Bin Rashid Al maktoum City – District One is the first landmark project to be announced within Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City. This development is poised to become one of the most sought after residential communities in the region, creating one of the lowest density developments in the heart of any international city.
Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City – District One will feature luxury residences and will deliver a phenomenal range of features and activities including parks, man-made beaches, water sports, and even a world-class equestrian club with riding trails. The development will also feature a promenade with a wide selection of stores, restaurants, cafes, lively bistros and entertainment options
WORLD´S TOP AMENITY
Crystal Lagoons can transform any destination into an idyllic beach paradise. Our unique concept and cutting edge technology allows building and maintaining unlimited sized crystal clear lagoons for practicing water sports and recreational activities, surrounded by picturesque sandy white beaches that can even be transformed into a winter wonderland in some locations, allowing year-round use. Our very low construction & maintenance costs allows generating a never before seen amenity, which can be enjoyed by people of every age, adding value to real estate projects worldwide
STATE OF THE ART SUSTAINABLE TECHNOLOGY
Crystal Lagoons is a multinational company that has developed a pioneering, state of the art sustainable technology, which allows building and maintaining crystal clear lagoons of unlimited dimensions, at very low costs, anywhere in the world. Crystal Lagoons is the only company in the world able to provide this technology, which has been patented in 160 countries around the globe.
This leading-edge innovation is friendly with the environment, and has been developed and designed to use minimal amounts of water, energy and chemicals. Some environmental advantages that Crystal Lagoons technology brings are:
– It uses up to 100 times less chemical products than conventional swimming pool or drinking water systems.
– It consumes only 2% of the energy needed by conventional filtration systems.
– Fully complies with the most stringent international physicochemical and microbiological water quality standards.
– It can use any type of water: sea, brackish or fresh water, based on availability; for example, sea and brackish water sources are found in abundance in the world.
– It has low water consumption, only requiring compensating for evaporation.
– When freshwater is used, our crystal clear lagoons consume 50% the water of a common park, and 30 times less water than a golf course.
– By using Crystal Lagoons evaporation control film technology, water consumption is reduced even further.