- Villa #54 Jumeira Beach Road (Next to Dubai Zoo), P.O. Box: 74400, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dental Dentures in Jumeirah Dubai
Dental Dentures in Jumeirah Dubai – Whether it is from old age, malnutrition, disease or even accidents, sometimes it is necessary to extract some or all of a person’s teeth. While this may sound upsetting, dentures can be one of the solutions to have that perfect smile again. A denture, commonly called ‘false teeth,’ is a removable prosthesis used to replace missing teeth. Usually made of acrylic or a combination of acrylic and metal, dentures provide support for the cheeks and lips and help you eat, speak, and function.
How Long does it take to make Dentures?
The duration of the treatment varies on a case-to-case basis. The process starts on an examination and diagnosis, then subsequent visits will include taking impressions of the mouth, bite registration, try-in of the denture, issues and review.
What to expect?
Depending on the person, it will take several days or weeks before you get accustomed to the new dentures.
Here are some useful suggestions to help you adapt to the new dentures and experience its optimum function:
• Increased salivary flow – This is a natural response of the salivary glands when the dentures are first inserted. Swallowing more often will help in this situation, although everything will be back to normal after a few weeks.
• Speech –Pronouncing certain words may be difficult as you are adjusting to the new dentures, but you can speed up the adaptation process by reading out loud and repeating troublesome words. This problem rarely persists beyond two weeks.
• Sore spots – Minor irritation caused by surface irregularities or pressure spots on the denture-bearing areas are quite common. However, seek dentist consultation if the discomfort is persistent or if the irritation becomes very painful.
Taking Care of your Dentures
Like natural teeth, dentures can accumulate plaque and food debris, particularly in areas where the denture is in contact with your gums and remaining teeth. In addition to the usual brushing, dentures should be cleaned regularly to avoid staining and a bad odor.
If possible, dentures should be removed and cleaned after every meal. When cleaning, remember the following:
• Use a soft hand brush or a special denture brush.
• Avoid very hot water as it may distort the denture.
• Use a mild detergent to clean dentures. Avoid using abrasive cleaners that can roughen the polished surface of the denture. Do not use bleach as this may whiten the pink acrylic.
• Hold the denture firmly while cleaning. Accidentally dropping the denture may result in chipped or broken dentures. Always wash your denture over a basin of water.
• Soak the dentures in denture cleanser once a week to remove stains and always rinse them thoroughly before using the dentures again.
• When you are not wearing the dentures, store them in water. Dentures may lose their shape if left to dry out.
How Long should ypu wear your dentures?
During the first few days, you will be advised to wear them most of the time except when sleeping. Always remove the dentures before going to bed to allow your gum tissues to rest and promote oral health. Gentle massaging of the gums with a soft toothbrush is encouraged.
The next denture review
Your jawbones and gums naturally shrink over time and this can cause the dentures to fit less securely. Ill-fitting dentures can give rise to chewing difficulties, soreness, infections and changes in facial support. It is important that you visit your dentist to have your dentures and oral tissues evaluated yearly.
Your dentures may need to be adjusted, relieved or even relined from time to time to ensure an optimal fit. Do not attempt to adjust the denture yourself – seek professional help.
With time and practice you will soon learn to eat, talk and smile with your dentures as you would with your natural teeth.
About American Dental Clinic
American Dental Clinic is unique and distinctive because we incorporate skill, experience and technology under one roof. The work of our highly competent doctors of varying disciplines of dentistry, coupled with the use of the latest equipment and technologies ensures that each patient is treated like royalty. Our complete team functions on the sole purpose of ensuring complete patient care and satisfaction, and this dedication is what sets us apart from our counterparts.
Since 1985 our clinics in Dubai and Abu Dhabi have provided patients with the finest dental care treatments in UAE. Our team of highly skilled specialists, consisting of dentists and hygienists are led by Dr. Michael Ziegler in their commitment to excellence. Each of our clinics is equipped to provide a complete range of treatments; including general dentistry, state-of-the-art cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, prosthetics, children’s dentistry, veneer placements and othodontics.
• Highly skilled and experienced doctors in every speciality
• Provide Complete Patient Care with Individual attention
• We believe in Innovation, Research and further Progress
American Dental Clinic
Jumeirah Beach Road, Dubai
Villa #54 Jumeira Beach Road (Next to Dubai Zoo)
P.O. Box: 74400 Dubai, UAE
Tel: +971 4 344 0668
Fax: +971 4 342 9166