- Dubai Health Care City, Dubai, UAE
Dr. Majdi El Halik Pediatric Physical & Mental Rehabilitation Center in Dubai Health Care City
After extensive research into the intensive therapy techniques that were pioneered worldwide, a commitment was made to open a state of art leading and first of its kind based intensive pediatric rehabilitation therapy center.
In March 2011, Dr. Majdi El Halik Physical and Mental Rehabilitation Center opened its doors at Dubai Health Care City in Dubai, UAE. The Center hired physical therapists that specialized in various unique and combined therapies such as Thera Suit Therapy, Bobath therapy, Oxygen Therapy, Hydro Therapy, Sensory Integration Therapy, Occupational and Speech Therapy, Psycho Therapy and Classical Physiotherapy all under one roof. This Intensive pediatric rehabilitation program is expected to take off promptly.
Not limited to treatment of children with cerebral palsy, in addition the center is successfully focusing to treat children with a variety of special needs such as Traumatic Brain Injuries, Spina Bifida, Down Syndrome and a wide variety of other non-progressive neuromuscular disorders. The most important goal for the patients who suffer from cerebral Palsy and other related disorders is to gain the ability to maximise their capabilities in the form of improvement in mobility, pain and becoming more dependent. The Rehabilitation Center is also able to help these people to improve their mental and speech capabilities to achieve their goals.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM OUR PROGRAM?
The rehabilitation centre specifically developed to assist patients suffering from:
– Cerebral palsy
– Various forms of brain trauma
– Spinal cord damage
– Lesion to the brain
– Locomotor dysfunction
– Post car accidents patients
– Mental dysfunction.
– Speech and language disorder.
– Learning difficulties
– There is no age limit for the therapy treatment.
The treatment program includes among others:
– Individually developed program of neurophysiologic exercises in the Thera Suit – daily
– Muscle spasticity management by Botox injections every (4-6 months).
– Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for 40 minutes (40session).
– Thermo – or cryocontrast therapy – daily
– Therapeutic massage (classic methods) – daily
– Manual therapy of the spine and of the extremities – 2 to 3 times a week
– Reflex therapy daily (not more than 12 times)
– Speech therapy – 2 to 3 times a week
– Hydrotherapy 2-3 times a week
– Sensory integration therapy
– Occupational Therapy
The number, kinds and length of each individual treatment are decided on during/after the primary medical examination.
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED TO START THE THERAPY PROGRAM
In order to qualify a patient for the therapy at the Rehabilitation Centre, the following documentation is required
– X-ray pictures [A-P] view of the hips or other problematic parts of the body
– Copies of medical reports, e.g. PT’s, paediatrician, neurologist, orthopaedic surgeons
– Any additional items that parents or guardians feel may help to clarify the patient’s current medical condition.