Listed in Education Dubai, Jumeirah Area Guide, Kids & Baby in Dubai, Kids Activities in Dubai, Nursery Schools & Kindergartens, Schools in Dubai, Schools in Jumeirah Dubai, Special Needs Schools Dubai
- Jumeirah 2, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Emerald City Nursery Dubai
Emerald City Nursery – Is a hidden gem in Jumeirah and a home away from home. Come and find us, across Al Wasl road from Box Park and you will discover a gentle, loving, nurturing and unhurried environment, the perfect place where your baby and young child can begin their early childhood education from the age of 45 days to 3+ years.
Our Nursery hours are from 7:00am till 6:00pm. so conveniently choose which starting and finishing time suits you best.
The Nursery Director Ms. Sharon, (New Zealand), Nursery Manager Ms. Elizabeth (Scotland) and all staff are qualified in Education with years of experience, and so all practices are informed, with a child’s development at the centre of our curriculum. Above all else this means that we are passionate about extending every teaching and learning moment, connecting with your child and developing respectful care.
Our vision is to support an ‘organic’ childhood. We celebrate learning through investigation, playfulness and risk taking, while at the same time we practice peaceful observation. Most of all we just love to be outdoors and as often as we can, we spend hours in our veggie garden, connecting with nature and understanding life. All teaching practices are underpinned by the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), British Curriculum and we are accredited by the Preschool Learning Alliance.
Teaching is what empowers us, it is in our hearts and without doubt Emerald City Nursery is the greatest start for life. Come and meet Ms. Elizabeth to discover more about our values, ethos and practices. Ask about our ‘learning stories’ and individual children’s ‘portfolios’ which we are very proud of. Our doors are always open!
Our Nursery parents regularly compliment us on the cozy and homely atmosphere within Emerald City Nursery. This magical setting is designed and decorated so that your child will feel immediately welcome and at ease, and ready to begin a journey of creativity and wonder.
We have a flair for imagination when creating learning environments in the classrooms, indoor play areas and outdoors. We maximize each space carefully taking into consideration the learning and development of your unique child.
We steer away from ‘plastic fantastic,’ pop up, push button toys, instead we source ‘open ended’ play materials inspired by nature that encourage thought and problem solving.
Indoor Learning Facilities
– Spacious and well equipped age appropriate classrooms, separated into ‘areas of provision’ each with its own focus for learning and development.
– Our classrooms are equipped with Promethean Interactive Learning Boards and computers which are connected to wireless internet.
– Art rooms attached to each classroom that inspire creativity and freedom to imagine.
– Bathrooms attached to each classroom complete with child sized toilets and wash basins, perfect for toilet training and independence.
– Designated Library and cozy Majlis seating area.
– Dedicated baby room with dining room, sleeping room and separate ‘outdoor space’ complete with its own little hill for exploring physical development.
– Meal times are shared in our Victorian ‘boutique’ style Dining Room with an emphasis on ‘respectful care’ and encouraging independence, complete with lemongrass scented flannels.
Outdoor Learning Facilities
– Spacious and well equipped outdoor play areas, with soft play, bike track, climbing frames, sandpit, construction area and even a giant teepee.
– Nursery ‘homegrown’ vegetable gardens that produce the tastiest organic produce.
Health and Safety Facilities
– 24 Hours CCTV – Our cameras are strategically placed throughout the Nursery as our children’s safety is of paramount importance.
– Our external double gate system has latches at ‘adult level’ only. We also have our own personal security staff guarding the Nursery entrance.
– Throughout the Nursery we have Plasma cluster air purifiers to remove all airborne viruses and any other airborne hazards from the building.
– Fully equipped Nursery Clinic with DHA qualified Nurses.
We are also very proud of our zero waste scheme. Our recycling centre and ‘Bokashi’ compost system allow us to keep our Nursery food and rubbish waste to a minimum. Please ask Ms. Elizabeth or Ms. Sharon for more information about our efforts towards our self – sustainable approach and our partnership with Peter Milne and the Emirates NBD Nature Lovers programme.
– We are proud to have a diverse variety of cultures and recognize that each child is unique.
– We respect the role of the parents and aim to build positive relationships through open and honest communication.
– We promote and endorse an ethos of equal opportunities and support all within the Nursery and community.
– We have a safe, secure, loving environment, a home from home, where children’s individuality is celebrated.
– We provide a bright, stimulating, integrated, child-centered, open plan environment, where children are encouraged to learn through play in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum (EYFS).
– We value ongoing professional development and see it as our role to stay up to date with the latest and current trends in early childcare and education.
– We believe that children should have a childhood full of play and exploration, discovery and trust, creativity and love.
Level Taught: Nursery, Special Needs
Year Founded: 2006
Emerald City Nursery Dubai
Address: 21st street, Jumeirah 2, Dubai United Arab Emirates