- Umm Seqiem, Al Manara, Dubai, UAE
Eyebrow Hair Transplant Dubai
Eyebrow Hair Transplant Dubai UAE – For all those men and women who are not with their natural eyebrow density or have lost the natural full appearance due to some disease, trauma or aging, Eyebrow Hair Transplant provides the easiest and the guaranteed way to restore eyebrows. Surgeons nowadays are successfully transplanting hair from head and other parts of the body on the face to help people get their desired facial hair density and eyebrow transplant is one of them. The minimally invasive Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) method is used which makes it a virtually painless and scarless procedure.
Are you a Candidate?
You are a candidate for an eyebrow hair transplant if:
– You are not satisfied with your eyebrow density
– You are not happy with shape of your eyebrows
– You have lost eyebrows to trauma-burn
– You are shedding facial hair due to auto-immune disease
– You have lost youthful appearance of eyebrow due to normal aging process
Eyebrow Hair Transplant Goals
Main objectives of surgical eyebrow restoration include:
– Restoring eyebrows lost to genetics, disease or burn-traumas
– Enhancing the shape and thickness of your existing eyebrows
– Helping you regain a youthful looking eyebrow line in your old age
Eyebrow Hair Transplant Techniques
Full Restoration– It is for people who were born without or with very light eyebrows or those who have patchy eyebrows due to genetics, disease, trauma or burn. Full restoration involves 200+ grafts.
Enhancement – It is for people who are not satisfied with their eyebrow density and wish to have a thicker line above their eyes. It is also for women who fail to regrow hair due to excessive plucking. Enhancement involves 101 to 199 hair grafts.
Touch up – Some women just need a touch up for a perfect eyebrow shape. While pencils are best for this kind of touch ups, they offer a temporary solution. This subtle eyebrow reshaping involves 50 to 100 grafts.
Like the traditional hair transplant, performed on the scalp, eyebrow transplant also involves some pre-operative care. Listed below are the things that you should avoid prior to the surgery:
– Stop taking blood thinners – all, homeopathic, allopathic and natural
– Quit smoking two to three weeks prior to your brow transplant
– Cut your alcohol consumption 5 to 7 days before the surgery. Do not drink during the last 48 hours
– Avoid applying any make up before heading to the clinic for the surgery
Eyebrow Hair Transplant Procedure
Eyebrow transplantation is a simple surgical procedure performed on outpatient basis under local anesthesia. The surgery takes 3 to 4 hours on average to complete. Following steps are involved in an Eyebrow Hair Transplant:
Drawing the eyebrow outline – The surgeon starts with marking the outline of your eyebrows, keeping in mind your desired eyebrow shape and density as well as your facial symmetry.
Donor area preparation – After outlining the eyebrows, the surgeon moves on to the surgical procedure and prepares the donor area, by trimming or shaving the hair at the rear of your scalp. He will then mark the donor area for smooth and successful extraction of hair follicles.
Anesthesia – Local anesthesia is then administered to the donor area to numb it and extract hair follicles painlessly.
Donor hair extraction – Then using the Follicular Unit Extraction method, the surgeon harvests desired number of grafts. Single hair grafts are extracted for eyebrow hair transplant. Back of the scalp is used for donor hair harvesting because the hair their match eyebrow hairs the most.
Site preparation – After extracting the donor hairs, the surgeon prepares the recipient area – your eyebrows – making tiny incisions in specific directions and at correct angles. Special attention is paid to arch creation or enhancing the existing eyebrow arch. Local anesthesia is obviously administered to the brow area.
Inserting grafts – The last step of an eyebrow hair transplant is inserting these hair follicles. The surgeon then carefully places these follicular grafts in these incisions. Precision of placement is critical for creating an aesthetically appealing, natural looking brow line.
Eyebrow Hair Transplant Recovery
– After the surgery expect the treated areas to be sore and tender for a day or so
– Most of the patients experience little or no discomfort during and after the procedure and go to office the next day
– The next morning, damp your eyebrows slightly to remove any scab or dried crusts
– Do this thrice the next day and then twice daily for a week
– Every time you wash your eyebrows, don’t forget to apply prescribed anti-biotic ointment
– Bruising after a transplant is also common and subsides in 5 to 7 days
– The scab normally takes 7 to 10 days to fall off
– The transplanted follicles will also shed and undergo a dormant phase of about 3 to 4 months before they start growing back
– You will start noticing any signs of growth in your eyebrows 4 to 5 months after the surgery
– Full results may be seen after 8 to 12 months
– Do not wash your eyebrows for at least 12 hours after the surgery
– Use cold compression to deal with any post-operative swelling or bruising
– Start taking prescribed medicines right after the surgery
– Aspirin and other blood thinners should be avoided for another two weeks
– Also refrain from smoking for 2 to 3 weeks after the eyebrow transplant
– Do not touch your brow area unnecessarily for at least a month
– Do not pick at the scab
– Avoid direct sunlight exposure
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery is a multispecialty, inter-professional practice with a network of world class clinics in UAE, United States and Europe. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, we are dedicated to providing individualized care and service to each of our patients. We are a team of committed educators; our aim is to educate our patients about the best possible choice of care as it pertains to their individual need thus allowing our patients to make an informed decision. Our team vows to stay at the forefront of technological advances and provide the latest techniques and methods available in the world to our patients. Above all, we are dedicated to maintaining the highest level of safety and quality throughout our practice.
As an excellent hair transplant procedure to the scalp can frame an aged-appearing face, strong eyebrows can frame an eye to make it look more attractive and rejuvenated. Eyebrow hair transplants have begun to come into vogue now that techniques and refinements have continued to create better and better results that are seamlessly natural and easy to care for. In this article we will explore some basic ideas of eyebrow hair transplantation including the pros, cons and limitations.
Before a surgical treatment can be undertaken for the eyebrows, it is important to understand what may cause hair loss in the eyebrow region that may preclude or prevent transplantation there. One of the most common reasons for need of eyebrow transplantation is overplucking an eyebrow, especially by a female, with the hair never growing back. Fortunately, this is one of the most favorable conditions for eyebrow hair transplantation with typically excellent results.
However, diseases such as alopecia areata, which is a type of autoimmune-based (or at least that is what is speculated) hair loss is not a good condition since hair graft survival is variable and reactivation of disease may lead to loss of the transplanted grafts over time. Other conditions such as a low thyroid level can predispose toward loss of hair in the outer third of the eyebrow and may be reversible with medical therapy alone. Therefore, if this pattern is observed, it may be wise to start with a laboratory workup.
Eyebrow hair transplant involves taking the finest one-hair grafts from the back of the head, typically near the neck area or in the temple where they are finer through a very short incision of a few centimeters, and then dissecting them into individual grafts for transplantation. The sites that will hold the new hairs are created in a shape that resembles a natural eyebrow. Typically, the macro shape is such that there is a thicker club in the portion near the nose tapering to a gentle arc near the outer temple.
In the old days, the peak was placed near the lateral limbus (the outer part of the iris) but today the height of the peak of the brow is centered a bit farther out somewhere between the lateral limbus and the lateral canthus (where the upper and lower eyelids join.) The brow then tapers downward a bit from there. For men the brows can be thicker and longer with a less defined peak and taper, although it still does taper toward the outside. The eyebrow hairs themselves must be oriented to match a natural eyebrow: toward the inside the club shape fans in an arc and then moves toward the temple by resembling a fishtail shape or some call it cascading dominoes. These angles must be extremely flat to look natural. Using “coronal” sites in which the blade is angled parallel with the skin surface rather than perpendicular can help accomplish this task.
It takes about 6 to 12 months for the hairs to grow just like following a regular hair transplant. However, hairs transplanted from the back of the head will typically grow faster than a normal eyebrow and will require trimming every week to two weeks for optimal aesthetic appearance. At times after a year to two, a condition known as “recipient dominance” may occur in which the skin of the eyebrow area influences the transplanted grafts to slow down in their growth rate to resemble that of the natural eyebrow hairs. Although this is not a guarantee, it is commonly observed.
Sometimes a second hair transplant is necessary for best results since the hairs can be more tightly packed after a second session. This is not always necessary though, but a prospective patient should be aware of this possibility. As in all things in life, choosing the right surgeon to perform an eyebrow hair transplant for you involves finding someone with the knowledge of who is and who is not a good surgical candidate and obviously then a surgeon who has the technical and artistic skills to create an aesthetically pleasing and natural result for you.