Listed in Beauty Clinics in Dubai, Dermatology Clinics Dubai, Dermatology in Dubai, Hair Loss Treatments, Hair Surgery, Hair Transplant Dubai, Hair Treatments in Dubai, Skin Care Clinics Dubai, Umm Suqeim
- Umm Suqeim, Al Manara, Dubai, UAE
FUE Hair Transplant in Dubai UAE – Follicular Unit Extraction is one of the most commonly sought hair transplantation techniques nowadays, courtesy its minimal invasive nature. Unlike the traditional strip method transplant, FUE does not cause linear scar at the donor, thus making your hair transplant and extremely natural and concealed process. FUE technique uses the process of removing hair follicles directly from the donor site using a specially designed tool, and implanting them into the bald or thinning areas.
Are you a Candidate?
You are a candidate for Follicular Unit Extraction if:
– You have permanent hair thinning, receded hairline or a bald head
– You are seeking a minimally invasive hair transplant procedure
– You have insufficient balding resistant hair on your head
– If you have a tight scalp, inappropriate for strip removal method
– Your hair loss is not progressing any more
FUE Hair Transplant Goals
Follicular Unit Extraction aims at giving you:
– A fuller and thicker head of hair
– An enhanced youthful look
– Permanent hairs in a natural way
– A scar free hair transplant with minimum downtime and recovery period
FUE Hair Transplant Techniques
Follicular Unit Extraction uses two techniques:
– Manual FUE in which the surgeon extracts follicular units manually by using a specially designed punch tool
– Motorized Automated FUE in which a specially designed automated punch tool is used for faster graft extraction
The outcome of your hair transplant depends a lot on how well you prepare for the surgery. Here are some tips on how to prepare for FUE transplant:
– Stop consuming blood thinners a couple of weeks before the surgery
– Aspirin and aspirin containing pain medications should be avoided 10 to 14 days prior to the transplant
– Quit smoking at least 2 to 3 weeks before the procedure
– Say no to alcohol during the last week prior to the FUE transplant
– Purchase all the medicines prescribed by your surgeon at least one week before your hair transplant
FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
Step 1 – The donor area will b shaved to fully expose the hair follicles and for easy extraction of the follicular units. For less than 1,500 grafts, a marine crew cut will also work.
Step 2 – The surgeon will then draw the recipient area according to how you you’re your hairline to be. This is to assure that the exact areas of the recipient site are covered by transplanted follicular units.
Step 3 – Local anesthesia will be administered to the donor area to make it numb and make sure you do not feel any pain or discomfort while the follicular units are being extracted
Step 4 – The surgeon then starts the extraction process. A specially designed punch tool with diameter less than 1 mm is carefully inserted into the scalp to reach the depth of the roots of the hair follicles. This helps detach the hair from the scalp along with it roots.
Step 5 – The extracted hair follicles are then trimmed under a stereo microscope to remove any extra tissues or fat and obtain grafts of desired size
Step 6 – Local anesthesia is again administered, this time in the recipient area. Then the surgeon makes tiny incisions over the entire recipient area.
Step 7 – The grafts are then inserted carefully into these incisions to conclude the surgery
The surgeon then carefully inserts each graft individually into these tiny incisions to complete the surgery
FUE Hair Transplant Benefits
Recovery after FUE transplant is quick and smooth, courtesy its minimally invasive nature.
– Your scalp will be sore and tender immediately after the transplant
– A downtime of 36 to 48 hours will be required
– The recovery period is around 3 to 5 days
– Most patients resume routine activities on the 3rd day following surgery
– Complete recovery, however, may take a couple of months
– Your scalp will be sore immediately after the surgery
FUE Hair Transplant Recovery
– Use cold compressions to minimize the post-operative pain and discomfort
– Cold compressions can also be used to deal with the post-surgical swelling and bruising
– Start consuming prescription medicines immediately after the transplant
– Sleep in an upright position, with your head elevated at 45 degrees for the first few nights
– Do not wash your scalp for 24 to 36 hours after the surgery
– Do not take any blood thinners or aspirin containing medicines for the first two weeks following the hair transplant
– Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption for at least a couple of weeks after the surgery
– Do not expose your scalp to direct sunlight
– Scratching or picking at the scab is strictly prohibited
– Avoid touching your scalp unnecessarily
– Do not massage your scalp for at least 10 days
Icon Some of the advantages FUE hair transplant has on the traditional strip method transplant are:
– It is a minimally invasive technique that does not involve cutting and stitching of scalp
– It does not cause the visible linear scar at the donor site
– Allows extraction of body hairs for transplantation – good for people with insufficient donor hair supply
– Due to its minimally invasive nature it involves less discomfort and less downtime
– Recovery is also quick and smooth
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery is a multispecialty, inter-professional practice with a network of world class clinics in UAE, United States and Europe. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, we are dedicated to providing individualized care and service to each of our patients. We are a team of committed educators; our aim is to educate our patients about the best possible choice of care as it pertains to their individual need thus allowing our patients to make an informed decision. Our team vows to stay at the forefront of technological advances and provide the latest techniques and methods available in the world to our patients. Above all, we are dedicated to maintaining the highest level of safety and quality throughout our practice.
FUE hair transplant is also known as follicular unit extraction. This is a relatively new method of hair transplantation that offers a less invasive means of harvesting hairs from the donor site. The basic technique is to use precision tools to harvest the hairs one follicle at a time, and then plant them into tiny slits in the balding areas. This differs from the follicular unit transplantation (FUT) method in which a strip of hair is removed from the donor area and then the follicular units are harvested out of the strip.
As with any medical technique there are pros and cons to the FUE hair transplant method. One obvious benefit to this method is that it does not leave a large scar on the donor area. That is not to say that FUE is completely scar free, but the scars that it does leave are much easier to conceal. For many patients, this is a huge deciding factor when choosing their desired method of transplantation. Another benefit to this technique is that it is much less invasive than other methods. Typically patients can resume strenuous activity shortly after their surgery, and healing occurs very rapidly.
One of the disadvantages of the FUE method is that it is easier to damage the follicles upon extraction, and therefore the process is less efficient than FUT. The reason for this is because a small cylindrical punch is used to separate the hair and surrounding tissue from the scalp. If the punch is not aligned perfectly, it can cut off the bottom of the hair follicle as it punches the area out. This damages the hair and weakens its chances for survival. Another disadvantage is that the entire donor area must be shaved before the procedure. For some people this is a major issue, and for others it is not a major problem.
In general the FUE hair transplant method is less efficient than FUT. It is much more difficult to harvest an adequate amount of hair for large procedures. The surgery typically takes much longer and is therefore more expensive than other methods. With that said, many patients still prefer this method due to the fact that they are not willing to have a large scar on the back or side of their head. The pros can outweigh the cons in certain circumstances.
Typically an FUE procedure is recommended for people who do not require a large amount of work. This is usually a younger client who may still be considering the possibility of shaving their hair short at some time in the future. The benefit of having much less noticeable scars is a major factor in the decision between hair transplant techniques. As with most medical situations, each case is different and much be evaluated separately.
If you are considering an FUE hair transplant it would be wise to contact one of the doctors who perform this procedure to discuss it with them directly. Many of these professionals can even make an assessment of your hair over the internet. All you have to do is send them some pictures and they will let you know if you are a good candidate for FUE.