- Umm Suqeim, Al Manara, Dubai, UAE
FUT Strip Hair Transplant in Dubai
FUT Strip Hair Transplant in Dubai UAE – FUT Strip hair transplant is one of the available options for surgical hair restoration. It is best for those who are suffering from permanent hair loss – both male and female pattern baldness – and for the hair thinning patients as well. The procedure involves removing a linear strip of hair bearing skin from the baldness resistant areas of scalp for harvesting donor hair. The strip is then dissected carefully under powerful microscopes to obtain individual grafts, which are transplanted into the bald or thinning areas of the scalp.
Are you a Candidate?
You are a candidate for FUT strip hair transplant if:
– You are mentally and physically healthy
– You have been losing hair for five years or more
– Your hair loss is not progressing anymore
– You have sufficient donor hair supply
– You do not have a tight scalp
– You have lost hair permanently due to androgenic alopecia, trauma or burns
– You are seeking an effective and economic way to permanently restore lost hair
– You are ready to go under the knife to regain lost hair
– You have realistic expectations about the results and complications of the surgery
FUT Hair Transplant Goals
FUT Strip Hair Transplant is performed to:
– Help you regain a thicker head of hair
– Allow you restore your youthful appearances
– Improve the whole aesthetic of your face
– Boost your self esteem and confidence
FUT Hair Transplant Techniques
Follicular Unit Transplant does not involve any special technique for donor hair harvesting or implantation. It is a simple process that starts with strip removal from donor area and ends as the harvested grafts are implanted in the recipient area. However, surgeons do use their surgical skills in different ways to make the resulting scar least visible.
Preparing well for FUT strip hair transplant allows you to get the most out of the surgery. Here are things that you need to avoid prior to the surgery:
– Do not take blood thinners and aspirin containing pain medications for two weeks before surgery
– Quit smoking 15 to 20 days prior to a hair transplant
– Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages and caffeinated drinks during the last week before your surgery
– Fill all your prescriptions well in advance to avoid any last minute panicking
– Get all the tests done at least 10 days prior to the surgery
FUT Hair Transplant Procedure
Step 1 – Surgeon will administer general anesthesia to keep your scalp numb during the surgery
Step 2 – Using a single-, double-, or triple-bladed scalpel, the surgeon will remove a linear strip of hair-bearing skin from the donor site – back or sides of the scalp
Step 3 – The donor area will be then closed by stitching the skin on the scalp
Step 4 – The strip is dissected carefully by the skilled team of technicians to obtain individual grafts of desired size
Step 5 – The recipient area is prepared by making tiny incisions using micro-sized blades or fine needles
Step 6 – The surgeon then carefully inserts each graft individually into these tiny incisions to complete the surgery
FUT Hair Transplant Recovery
Recovery from FUT hair transplant is a little longer but is generally simple, safe and uneventful:
– A downtime of 5 to 7 days will be required
– The recovery period is around 2 weeks
– Complete recovery will take several months
– Stitches or staples will be removed after the incision on the donor area has fully healed
Here are some post-operative instructions that you must follow to enjoy a smooth recovery:
– Use cold compressions to manage pain and discomfort if any
– Do not wash your hair for 24 to 36 hours after transplantation
– Use prescribed pain medications only
– Blood thinners should be avoided for 10 to 14 days after the surgery
– Avoid taking aspirin or aspirin containing products for a couple of weeks following the surgery
– Smoking should be avoided for 2 to 3 weeks after FUT hair transplant
– Do not drink alcoholic beverages and caffeinated drinks for 5 to 7 days post-transplant
– Do not touch your scalp unnecessarily for at least a week
– Do not pick or scratch at the scab. Let it come off naturally
– Avoid direct exposure to the sunlight for a month or so
FUT Hair Transplant Benefits
Some notable features of strip removal method are:
– Results of your surgery will be natural looking
– Transplanted hair will last for the rest of your life
– It is probably the safest donor hair harvesting technique
– It causes minimum damage to the donor hair
– Allows transplantation of more grafts in single session as compared to FUE transplant
– It is the least expensive hair transplantation technique
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery is a multispecialty, inter-professional practice with a network of world class clinics in UAE, United States and Europe. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, we are dedicated to providing individualized care and service to each of our patients. We are a team of committed educators; our aim is to educate our patients about the best possible choice of care as it pertains to their individual need thus allowing our patients to make an informed decision. Our team vows to stay at the forefront of technological advances and provide the latest techniques and methods available in the world to our patients. Above all, we are dedicated to maintaining the highest level of safety and quality throughout our practice.
A hair transplant is one of the most sought after discoveries of the 20th century that has been perfected over time, and tried and tested by thousands of people worldwide.
A hair transplant originates from Japan in the 1930’s. This technique was used to restore hair in the eyebrows and eyelashes and many papers were written on it but the idea was not popularized because of the distractions of World War II.
It was in 1950 that American dermatologist; Norman Orentreich began experimenting with hair grafts and disproved the misconception that donor grafts would not grow hair normally if implanted into the balding regions. The success of his demonstration was what gave rise to the increasingly popular hair loss treatment of today, a hair transplant.
A hair transplant has been perfected over decades and many modern techniques have been devised. The two most common techniques used to perform a hair transplant are the Strip Removal or FUT method and the Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE method. The former is a traditional method and the latter is the most modern method that was discovered in the 1990’s- Patients wonder which of these methods would be a better option for them.
So let us take a look at how these methods work and what their pros and cons are. The conventional technique of a hair transplant is the Strip Removal or FUT Method. In this technique, a strip of hair is removed from the back of the scalp, which is known as the donor area and then divided, into mini grafts. These individualized mini grafts are then implanted into the balding region. From a surgical viewpoint, the strip removal method is highly invasive as an entire section of the scalp is surgically removed which creates a wound that is stitched or stapled back together. The FUT method leaves a scar on the scalp of the patient hence not a good option for those who maintain very short hair. It is also not a good option for those who indulge in strenuous activity and need to return to it soon after treatment.
The FUE method is the more sophisticated hair transplant technique. In this method, individual hair follicles are removed from the back of the scalp using a tiny 0.09 mm punch. Once sufficient units have been removed, technicians implant these grafts the same way as the “strip” method. The FUE is a much safer, minimally invasive and a comparatively minor procedure with little bleeding and no scarring.
There are fewer complications in the FUE method than with the FUT method. There is minimal discomfort to the patient, no scalpel incision, no sutures, no linear scar, little to no risk of complications, quick recovery time, minimal limitations and more aesthetically pleasing results than the traditional strip method.
For these reasons, most patients would prefer the FUE method however it is important to remember that this procedure costs more as it takes a lot more time for the doctor to individually extract each hair follicle. In addition, more labor is required as technicians and nurses to assist with this procedure.
An FUE hair transplant for this reason is offered by only the most skilled and qualified cosmetic surgeons with years of experience in their hands. As tempting as the procedure is you must make sure to find out the credentials, experience and successful records of the doctor to ensure the best results for yourself.