- Umm Seqiem, Al Manara, Dubai, UAE
Large breasts are a sign of attractiveness, youth and fertility in women. Unfortunately, some men also suffer from this condition in which they develop enlarged breasts which is medically known as gynecomastia. If this condition is hampering your life, male breast reduction or a mamma plasty is the best option for you. It is the surgical procedure that involves removal of excess fat tissues in the chest area to reduce the size of enlarged breasts.
Interested in knowing Gynecomastia surgery cost in Dubai? You have come to the right place. Here we’ll tell you not only the surgery cost but also the factors affecting your cost of Gynecomastia.
Male Breast Reduction Candidates
You can be an ideal candidate for the procedure if:
– Your breasts are large.
– Your breasts are asymmetrical.
– Your breasts have developed fully.
– You have elastic skin.
– You are not overweight or obese.
– You are in good health and are not suffering from any serious health condition.
– You are not a smoker or drug-user.
– You have realistic expectations from the surgery.
Male Breast Reduction Goals
The surgical male breast reduction surgery aims at:
– Reducing the size of breasts
– Improving the symmetry of breasts
– Improving the contours of body
Breast Reduction Techniques
The purpose of male breast reduction surgery is reducing the size of male breasts. There is another less invasive option that can help you achieve your goals. This option is:
Liposuction – this procedure is suitable for those men who have excess fat in the chest area but don’t have sagging skin.
During your pre-op visit, our plastic surgeon will perform physical exam, will help you decide which technique is suitable for you and will guide you what you can expect from the surgery. He will also give you some pre-surgical instructions. These instructions include:
– Avoid smoking for about six weeks prior to surgery.
– Refrain from alcohol consumption.
– Discontinue use of aspirin, blood thinning medications and herbal supplements as they can increase the risks of poor healing and bleeding.
– Take the recommended medications regularly and adjust your current medications.
– Follow the recommended diet regimen before surgery.
– Do not eat or drink for 6 to 8 hours prior to surgery.
– Arrange someone who will drive you to home after surgery.
Male Breast Reduction Procedure
The procedure of gynecomastia surgery is performed on outpatient basis and it takes 1 to 2 hours to complete.
– Administration of general anesthesia is the first step of surgery.
– Then surgeon will make small incision. Incisions are mostly made around the areola but they can also be made in the armpits.
– Then excess skin and fat tissues will be removed.
– Sometimes the procedure also involves repositioning of nipples and reducing the size of areola.
Finally, incisions are closed using stitches.
Male Breast Reduction Benefits
Male breast reduction surgery has many different benefits. Some of them are as following.
– It makes your chest flatter and firmer and improves its contours.
– It increases the clothing options for you.
– It gives the permanent results.
– It boosts your confidence and self-esteem.
Male Breast Reduction Recovery
Though recovery period varies from patient to patient depending on various factors like extent of surgery, there are similarities in all cases. Your recovery period will be like:
– You will feel more discomfort for the few days of recovery.
– Most of the swelling and bruising will subside in few weeks.
– You will be able to walk around your room and home on the day of the surgery.
– The stitches will be removed after 1 to 2 weeks.
– You will be able to resume your normal routine within a week.
– The final results will become apparent after the swelling dissipates completely.
Our plastic surgeon will give you a customized list of post-surgical instructions but some of these instructions are common for nearly every patient. Some of these instructions are:
– Take the medications prescribed by your surgeon regularly.
– Use cold compresses to reduce discomfort and swelling.
– Wear elastic or compression garment for one to two weeks.
– Avoid any vigorous activity or exercise for about three weeks but start light walk as soon as possible.
– Avoid any sexual activity for a couple of weeks.
– Avoid exposing the incision sites to the sun excessively and apply strong sun block before going in the sun.
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery is a multi-speciality, inter-professional practice with a network of world class clinics in UAE, United States and Europe. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, we are dedicated to providing individualized care and service to each of our patients. We are a team of committed educators; our aim is to educate our patients about the best possible choice of care as it pertains to their individual need thus allowing our patients to make an informed decision. Our team vows to stay at the forefront of technological advances and provide the latest techniques and methods available in the world to our patients. Above all, we are dedicated to maintaining the highest level of safety and quality throughout our practice.