- Umm Suqeim, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Manor Primary School – A small Primary school for girls and boys aged 4-11, in Dubai, that delivers a British education with a family ethos.
Manor Primary School will create and promote a challenging learning environment that inspires and supports children to achieve high standards and become life-long independent learners and as a small school children will benefit from personalised learning that comes from staff having a greater knowledge of individual children.
We will provide a safe, caring, nurturing and friendly school environment for children, to grow and develop, in a community that promotes learning as a partnership between teachers, parents, children, and the community as a whole and where respect and courtesy is the norm.
The school is located on the site of the old English College Primary School and follows the British Primary curriculum including the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum to ensure that pupils receive the best start to their education.
Manor Primary School is a caring and inclusive school in which every child:
– can flourish regardless of their starting point
– will thrive in a safe and creative environment
– will value and enjoy their education and recognise its importance for future success
– will become a confident, self-reflecting, articulate and positive member of the community.
In order to achieve our vision we will ensure the following:
– feels safe, valued and listened to;
– is tolerant and inclusive;
– is empowered to achieve, regardless of their starting point;
– will, through our creative curriculum, develop their talents and become an active independent learner with the skills and values to make a successful transition to the next stage in their education;
– leaves our school a creative caring individual; a global citizen equipped to make a positive contribution and shape a better world.
– are highly motivated and dedicated;
– exemplify best practice, resulting from outstanding & on-going professional development;
– contribute to teaching and learning that aspires to be Outstanding;
– receive excellent on-going professional opportunities;
– are encouraged to innovate and develop their potential as leaders.
The School community
– provides a broad–based education, including music, arts and sports, as well as core subjects, as part of its creative curriculum;
– becomes recognised as a centre of excellence, innovation and best practice;
– has a shared sense of values and accountability;
– always seeks value for money and economies of scale;
– has an effective Governance which is able to hold the school leaders to account for delivering its vision.
Parents and community
– trust the School to nurture each and every child in its care
– know that their diversity is valued and celebrated
– support positive partnerships between the School and parents
– know that the School strives to develop partnerships to improve the education available to the children
Shared technology room for IT and music, with I-pads and lap-tops being the norm – separate art and food technology rooms, a library, sports hall and swimming pool, separate Foundation play area plus the use of EC’s sports facilities and playing fields.
Why choose the school?
“Our school is quite unique for Dubai as it is a relatively small, family-feel orientated school within one of the most popular residential, expat communities. Our children will have direct access to the local secondary school, The English College for which the Year 6 students will be carefully prepared through a well planned transition programme. The children will be provided with a range of learning opportunities which challenge their thinking. Through the learning process children become increasingly more resourceful and resilient working both independently and within teams to achieve success.”
Location: Umm Sequim, Dubai
Current year groups to fill: FS1 to Year 6
Opening: August 2016
Fees per year: Dhs 47,150 to Dhs 51,750
Manor Primary School
Address: c/o The English College PO 11812, Umm Sequim, Dubai, United Arab Emirates