- Umm Seqiem, Al Manara, Dubai, UAE
Melasma Treatment in Dubai UAE
Melasma Treatment in Dubai UAE – Melasma is a skin discoloration that can often be found on the facial region. The appearance of Melasma is common among women in their early to late twenties. The biggest factor that causes this kind of skin discoloration is the excessive exposure to the heat of the sun. A person can assess himself if he has melasma when brown or tan spots start to appear on the surface of the skin. Melasma is also called a hyper pigmentation of the skin where often times it develops during the summer and can be less visible in the winter or cold season. Melasma commonly appears on the central face, cheekbones and jawline where the sun usually hits the face first. It has been stated that melasma is not often common among men and that 80% of person affected by this type of skin discoloration are women. Women of Latin, Asian and Middle Eastern descents are most likely prone to melasma compared to Caucasian women.
Possible Factors that can Cause Melasma:
– Excessive sun exposure.
– Genetic predisposition.
– Hormonal changes in teenagers.
– Hormonal changes for pregnant women.
– Can be an effect of birth control pills.
– Thyroid disease.
– Anti-seizure medications.
– Body and skin products with the presence of a strong chemical ingredient that can trigger skin pigmentation ones exposed to too much heat of the sun.
– Heat from bakeries and factories can also cause melasma to workers working in this type of environment.
When planning to treat Melasma, always try to consult a dermatologist to be able to understand what is really happening and what to do exactly with this type of skin discoloration. Never try to a do-it-yourself home remedy for there are chemical that can aggravate the skin and make your skin condition even worse.
Ways to Treat Melasma:
– Avoid too much sun exposure especially in the summer season when heat can be unbearable.
– Use sun protection when planning for a beach vacation.
– Use SPF creams for the face on a daily basis.
– Women, who wear makeup for work, can choose a wide variety and brands of makeup that carry lines with – – SPF protection to lessen the effect of the sun especially on the facial region.
– Use wide-rimmed hats to shade the face from the sun.
– Topical creams with hydroquinone, tretinoin, corticosteroids, azelaic acid and kojic acid can be prescribed by dermatologists to help lighten the skin and avoid skin discolorations like melasma.
– Laser therapies are new technologies for melasma treatment when all other topical creams cannot help diminish melasma.
– Fraxel laser received new FDA approval specifically to treat skin pigmentation problems such as melasma and the benefits for this type of treatment is it can safely treat the cells producing pigment yet it protects the outer layer of skin at the same time. Anyone who goes through this type of treatment should avoid the sun and must be vigilant in using high grade UVA and UVB protection all the time.
– Chemical Peels
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery is a multispecialty, inter-professional practice with a network of world class clinics in UAE, United States and Europe. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, we are dedicated to providing individualized care and service to each of our patients. We are a team of committed educators; our aim is to educate our patients about the best possible choice of care as it pertains to their individual need thus allowing our patients to make an informed decision. Our team vows to stay at the forefront of technological advances and provide the latest techniques and methods available in the world to our patients. Above all, we are dedicated to maintaining the highest level of safety and quality throughout our practice.
What is the right melasma treatment for you? Before you do anything or buy any products to help eliminate this hyperpigmentation of your skin, consult a dermatologist. Your doctor can examine and determine the best treatment for your particular skin condition. There are different types so you need to know what type you have. So please consult a dermatologist to determine your particular case.
Epidermal: a milder form of melasma that only appears in the shallow upper layer of the skin. This type can be easily treated.
Dermal: which appears in deeper layers of the skin. This case is harder to totally eliminate. Most likely, depending on how severe your condition is, you can only reduce the discoloring of the pigmentation. It will not completely fade away.
“Chloasma” as melasma is sometimes referred to appears in pregnant women sometimes called “the mask of pregnancy.” It usually fades away after childbirth. Skin discoloration can be eliminated by taking some simple precautions like covering up. The primary culprit of melasma is exposure to sunlight. Wearing a hat or visor can help and always use “sunscreen lotions” with a SPF of at least 30.
Various Treatment Options:
Chemical Peels: These are acid base formulas that come in different strength. While the success rate is pretty high, they also bring greater risk factors. There are possible side effects such as scarring, peeling, or worsening of the discoloration.
Skin Lightening Creams: is a method that uses a natural lightening agent to lighten skin for a more even skin tone. The possible side effects with prolong use is that the skin starts to look dry and ashy in appearance.That is why high concentration of hydroquinone over 2% are only available through a prescription from your dermatologist. But there are very good over the counter creams and lotions that are highly recommended by health professionals that has proven to help tremendously.
Laser Treatment: this is the most extreme of all the melasma treatment. But with many proven success and shorter healing time, laser treatment has gained in popularity.
Melasma has been a cosmetic nightmare for women all over the world. Even though hyperpigmentation has no serious medical condition, it has strong psychological and emotional affects. The good news is that new medical technology is being discovering everyday. Many over the counter products are highly recommended by health professionals. Even a simple cover-up cream or a sunscreen lotion will make a major impact.