- Villa #1114 Al Wasl Road, Umm Suqaim 2, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- +971 4 348-66-16 / +971 4 348-66-18
MACS lift is an abbreviation for ‘Minimal Access Cranial Suspension-lift‘: which means a “Minilift with vertical suspension of the sagging tissue, through a small incision’. The MACS lift was a revolutionary new procedure. This technique added a number of advantages of a full SMAS facelift to the traditional Minilift.
The MACS-facelift is probably best suited to the patient who is contemplating facial rejuvenation for the first time and require mild to moderate changes in the lower face and neck region. The procedure is designed for patients who have started to notice jowling and sagging of the face and neck.
The MACS-lift procedure provides youthful, natural, subtle rejuvenation and is not intended to dramatically alter a patient’s appearance.
Its goal includes:
– Tightening the cheek
– Re-suspending the jowl
– Defining the jaw line
– Improving neck contour
– Providing natural, subtle facial rejuvenation
1. The incision is made in the crease in front of the ear. The incision follows the natural crease in the skin so that after a few months the scar is barely noticeable.
2. Through this incision the plastic surgeon detaches the skin from the cheeks up to the corner of the jaw near the neck.
3. The underlying muscles are tightened and lifted vertically.
4. Excess fat under the chin can be sucked away if necessary via a small hole the size of a pin-prick.
5. When all the subcutaneous skin structures have been corrected the skin is tightened so that it looks natural.
6. Excess skin is removed and the small incision in front of the ear is stitched up.
There are many advantages to having a MACS facelift versus a traditional facelift. For starters, the MACS-lift uses a shorter scar that is in front of the ear, instead of behind, which is much easier to hide. Overall, the MACS-lift surgery is safer because less skin is raised. This means that there is less risk of bleeding and nerve damage. The operation also takes less time, lasting 2.5 hours instead of the 3.5 hours that the traditional facelift requires. There is also a shorter recovery period, 2-3 weeks instead of 3-4 weeks. Finally, the results of the MACS-lift are very natural while the traditional facelift will often result in a “windswept” look.
The incision is limited to the skin fold in front of the ear and follows the hairline under the sideburn. The zig-zag pattern incision makes the scar blend with the hairline, and it becomes virtually invisible.
The longevity of a facelift is typically 7-9 years.
Since 2006 until nowadays SMC (Specialist Medical Centre)- is renowned as the quality mark of impeccable medical services, delivered in accordance with the highest European Standards. Our indisputable advantage is the excellent combination of cutting edge treatment techniques with delicate aesthetic taste that manifests through our doctors` practice. The essence of SMC philosophy is based on acknowledgement of natural beauty – as ultimate core value; desire to gain it- as major task.
SMC offers services in the most actual medical areas: cosmetology, dentistry, plastic surgery, pediatrics, etc.
SMC staff – is well united team of highly qualified specialists from all around the world.
Diagnostic programs and medical care services are designed specifically for health-concerned customers who value it as core life priority. Customized services tailored to individual requirements of each patient.
Specialist Medical Centre
Villa #1114 Al Wasl Road, Umm Suqaim 2, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
+971 4 348-66-16 / +971 4 348-66-18
Clinic Timings: 9:00 AM – 9:30 PM; Saturday – Thursday.