- Umm Seqiem, Al Manara, Dubai, UAE
Perineoplasty Surgery in Dubai
Perineoplasty is the name given to an intimate surgical procedure carried out on the area known as the perineum in the female body. This area lies between the vagina and the rectum. By restoring the vitality and position of misplaced or damaged perineum muscles, this surgery seeks to improve the patient’s physical appearance, sexual health and other dysfunctions such as urinary incontinent and dyspareunia (painful intercourse).
Most of the times, the perineal muscles are torn due to incisions made during childbirth or natural tearing of the muscles during childbirth in order to remove the baby without any damage to the infant. Sexual trauma and age factors may also contribute to perineal damage. Scar tissue and wrinkles that arise as a consequence of the above is also repaired by this cosmetic surgery.
At our clinic the application of laser perineoplasty has allowed our surgeons to achieve better results and benefit the patient by increasing precision and minimizing blood loss, tissue damage and recovery time.
Are you a Candidate?
In order to be eligible for this sensitive procedure which is of the corrective kind you ought to be agood candidate for perineoplasty.
– You have given birth by natural method (vaginally).
– You underwent episiotomy (cutting away of the perineal area) either by the doctor or by the delivery itself.
– You feel itchiness or looseness in your vaginal canal either during or absent sexual intercourse.
– You are experiencing lack of sexual gratification during intercourse.
– There are inconsistencies in bowel habits and involuntary excretion.
Perineoplasty is referred to as a minor invasive surgical procedure that is restorative in kind since it rebalances muscle tone and reform deformed tissues in the perineal area. This is why it is imperative to take this decision once you have decided to bear no more children since the effects of surgery can be reversed in case of another childbirth. Weak vaginal muscles cannot be set right by Perineoplasty.
What the surgery can do is, to tighten the perineum remove excess/wrinkled skin, scar tissue and reattach lose muscles in that area hence contributing to better sexual experience as well as day-to-day functions.
– The procedure lasts for an hour.
– The procedure is carried out on an outpatient basis.
– It takes place in the presence of local anesthesia hence having the advantage of making a prolonged hospital stay unnecessary. Recovery is also faster this way. However the patient can opt for spinal anesthesia or intravenous sedation.
– The procedure begins with a V/U-shaped incision in the lower vaginal wall. The incisions at the top of the V shape will depend on the amount of correction required. Normally a scalpel is used, but our surgeons make use of a CO2 fractional laser of pixel technology or radiofrequency laser.
– After incisions have been, three different muscle structures are targeted, scar tissue is removed and dislocated muscles are reattached. Deformed tissue below the muscles is removed and the tissue is tightened.
– Dissolvable stitches are used to close the surgical site.
– In order to know how exactly the procedure will be for you, consult with your surgeon for details and expectations of the outcome.
– The total time for recovery is 4-6 weeks.
– Painkillers shall be prescribed for pain, discomfort and soreness throughout that period.
– By speeding up the recovery process and relieving pain, warm baths are advised for soaking with the aid of special bath salts.
– For the first week, normal routine will be put on standby and activities are to be limited because of the soreness.
– Physical movement and activity can be resumed after two weeks or when the pain has subsided. That time period may vary from one female to another. Listen to your doctor’s advice when to resume normal routine depending on your occupation.
– Kegel exercises should be done regularly throughout the recovery period to strengthen muscles in the vaginal canal.
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery is a multispecialty, inter-professional practice with a network of world class clinics in UAE, United States and Europe. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, we are dedicated to providing individualized care and service to each of our patients. We are a team of committed educators; our aim is to educate our patients about the best possible choice of care as it pertains to their individual need thus allowing our patients to make an informed decision. Our team vows to stay at the forefront of technological advances and provide the latest techniques and methods available in the world to our patients. Above all, we are dedicated to maintaining the highest level of safety and quality throughout our practice.