- Umm Suqeim 2, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Root Canal Treatment in Dubai
Root Canal Treatment in Dubai – A root canal is necessary when the pulp of the tooth becomes infected which can be caused by deep decay, several dental procedures on the tooth, or a deep crack or chip in the tooth. If this infection is left untreated, it can cause soreness or lead to an abscessed tooth. Symptoms of this infection include pain, sensitivity to heat or cold, tenderness to touch and chewing, discoloration of the tooth, or swelling and tenderness to the lymph nodes. The root canal procedure involves removing the infected pulp, cleaning the tooth canals, then filling the tooth. In some cases, your dentist may need to place a crown or other restoration on the tooth to protect and return it to full function.
What is the recovery like from your Root Canal therapy?
When the local anesthetic has worn off, your tooth may be a little sore from the procedure. Your dentist may recommend a pain reliever to take at home, and depending on the circumstances behind your root canal, antibiotics may be prescribed to clear up any remaining infection in the tooth
How is a Root Canal performed?
Root canal therapy can be performed in single or multiple visits depending on the severity of the infection. Before the procedure, your dentist will advise you as to the number of appointments necessary to complete the root canal. If you had an infection or abscess in the tooth, the dentist may choose to have you start a course of antibiotics before starting the root canal. First of all, your dentist will begin the appointment by giving you local anesthetic to “numb” the tooth that is being worked on.
After your tooth is “numb”, you may expect the following procedures:
– A dental x-ray of the tooth is taken for the dentist to refer to during the procedure.
– The dentist will place a rubber dam over your mouth.
– This plastic shield is used to keep the tooth isolated from your saliva and very dry before the final steps are taken to complete the procedure.
– The dentist will use different chemical solutions to disinfect the inside of the tooth.
– The rubber dam is helpful in keeping these solutions from entering your mouth.
– Next, the dentist will begin the procedure by drilling a small hole through the tooth in to the area known as the pulp chamber this is where the nerve of the tooth is located.
Dr. Roze & Associates Dental Clinic
Villa No. 747
Jumeirah Beach Road
Umm Suqeim 2
United Arab Emirates