- InterContinental Dubai Festival City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Spa InterContinental Dubai Festival City
Spa InterContinental Dubai Festival City – Sumptuous treatments and touches of Arabic hospitality make for a pleasant escape at this spa in the Intercontinental Dubai Festival City. Featuring a signature collection of services that range from hand and feet treatments to Balinese massages, massage aromatherapy, body scrubs and body therapy baths, the real highlight at this spa is in its facials. Try the Natura Bisse range, a skincare technology that boasts impressive results when it comes to soothing dry skin.
Inspired by the dhow boats that drift past it daily on the Creek, the Intercontinental Festival City is a modern dream of a hotel. Although it’s close to shopping malls and the old centre of Dubai, Deira, the Intercontinental is also next door to Al Badia Golf Club, an 18-hole championship course which has an award-winning clubhouse, all only 15 minutes from the airport. The golf club also features three restaurants including Terra Firma, a steakhouse which serves up an exclusive range of David Blackmore wagyu, thought to be one of the best outside of Japan. Rooms are surprisingly homely, yet modern, with touches like books and vases to liven up the normally stark spaces. The rooms also feature huge wet-room bathrooms that partition in different ways according to how you want to use the space. You’ll be impressed with the rain shower from the ceiling, too.
• Have a gastronomic experiential journey. Or simply put, dine at Time Out’s Restaurant of the Year, Reflets par Pierre Gagnaire, for some pretty special French food.
• Too much? Choose from Anise all-day dining, Bistro Madeleine for informal French cuisine or Al Soufah for Arabic mezze. All of which have terraces overlooking the marina.
•To unwind, hit the spa, health and fitness centre or one of three outdoor pools which overlook the city’s skyline. It will make unwinding here a treat.
• Head next door to the Crowne Plaza hotel’s Belgian Beer Café to watch the sun set over Dubai’s skyline.
• Nip across to Festival City for a pleasantly airy mall experience, complete with gondolas on man-made canals.