- Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE
The British Dental Clinic in Jumeirah Dubai
The British Dental Clinic was established in 1996 by Dr. Rodney Harrison, who has been working in Dubai since 1978. From its inception, the clinic has grown rapidly and now offers a full range of family dental care.Here at the British Dental Clinic we provide a comfortable, relaxing environment, with the latest high-tech equipment. This enables us to provide quality care for our patients. We specialise in up to date dental treatments, cosmetic dentistry, Orthodontics, Periodontics and Implantology.At present, the staff is comprised of eight dentists, providing general dentistry, periodontics (gum treatment), endodontics (root canal therapy), orthodontics (braces), cosmetic treatments including porcelain veneers and implants. We have a full range of well trained auxilliary staff and aim to provide our patients with a personalised service with the opportunity to improve their dental health, with an emphasis on prevention. We endeavour to maintain the highest standards, and to create a friendly and relaxed environment where the patient’s comfort and satisfaction is a priority.
We have a range of payment solutions, and for extensive treatments we are partnered with hayati finance the only health finance provider in the middle east. www.hayatihealthcare.comCLINIC HOURS:Sat – Wed 8:00am to 6:00pmThursday 8:00am to 1:00pmFridays Closedevening appointments available by prior arrangement.
1. Hygiene: Professional scaling and polishing. Essential first step in prevention and an opportunity for other problems to be identified early
2. Air flow cleaning: an advanced treatment used for the removal of heavy stains. A string jet of air, water and fine powder is directed onto the tooth surface quickly and efficiently remove deposits
3. Teeth whitening: Now refined and very safe. Teeth can be bleached several shades lighter either with our in-house single step technique or conveniently at home. Modern whitening gels are fast acting and results achieved in a few days, trays only needing to be worn one hour per day.
4. Fillings:Tooth coloured materials are almost always used now.
5. Crowns and Bridge: used to cover and permanently restore heavily broken down and weakened teeth, especially those already root filled. Bridges replace missing teeth and cannot be removed. Modern crowns made entirely of ceramic materials can look totally natural.
6. Veneers: ceramic facings, ultra thin, designed to mask discolorations or improve contours with minimum loss of tooth substance.
7. Cosmetic Dentistry: A blanket term to include all aspects of general dentistry which result in more attractive looking teeth, veneers, tooth coloured fillings, cosmetic bonding and whitening, crowns and bridges
8. Prosthetics: Removable appliances in acrylic or chrome cobalt can be provided to replace missing teeth and restore form and function.
9. Root canal treatment: Simple treatments can be undertaken by a general dentist and this type of work is increasingly becoming a specialists’ field. For complicated or difficult cases we are lucky to have a doctor who specializes in root canal fillings using the most up to date equipment including a microscope. Root canal treatment is necessary when deep decay or trauma has affected the nerve of the tooth
10. Children’s Dentistry: Young people often require special care and we encourage early visits to boost confidence and familiarity.
11. Orthodontics: A specialized discipline concerned with aligning the teeth to improve both aesthetics and function. Crowded teeth, overbites, crossbites etc. can be corrected with modern appliances.
‘Braces’ are much less obtrusive than they used to be and both children and adults can benefit from this treatment.
12. Advanced Gum Treatment: or Periodontics. Gum disease is the most common cause of tooth loss in adults. We are able to offer comprehensive specialists treatment which may involve deep cleaning under local anaesthetic, use of antimicrobials, surgery and/or bone augmentation.13. Implants are a revolutionary method of replacing lost teeth: Rather than using existing teeth to support restorations, titanium implants can be inserted into the jaw bone, which can hold anything from a single tooth crown, a bridge, to a full denture.The British Dental Clinic was established in 1996 by Dr. Rodney Harrison, who has been working in Dubai since 1978. From its inception, the clinic has grown rapidly and now offers a full range of family dental care.