- Dubai Healthcare City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Sharif Eye Center
UltraLASIK Dubai by Sharif Eye Center
The “Intra” component denotes the use of the revolutionary IntraLase® Femtosecond laser to perform the first step of the procedure. The UltraLASIK (Custom UltraLASIK) portion is an abbreviation for Laser Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis.
And what does all that mean?
Reshaping your cornea alters the focusing power of the eye, allowing you to become less dependent on glasses or contact lenses. UltraLASIK is the creation of a flap in the front of the cornea in order for the laser to reshape its interior. Traditional LASIK , as practiced in most other laser vision centers, uses a device called “microkeratome”, to create this flap. With over one hundred times the accuracy, UltraLASIK creates the flap with micro-precision using highly sophisticated IntraLase® laser.
Why choose UltraLASIK?
UltraLASIK we believe is the gold standard in vision correction surgery today. UltraLASIK is a same day procedure – you usually enter and leave the laser centre within hours of the procedure. In experienced hands the procedure typically takes 6 minutes for each eye.
There are a number of important benefits to laser vision correction using UltraLASIK:
– Safety As a blade free procedure, it eliminates the risk of major blade related complications.
– Use of disposable instruments for each eye significantly reduces the already rare risk of infection.
– Better Outcome – Demonstrated worldwide and at Sharif Eye Center, UltraLASIK recipients consistently obtain better levels of vision beyond 6/6 or 20/20
– Wide Range of Candidates – Substantially higher level of accuracy allows a larger number of patients previously unsuitable for traditional LASIK surgery because of thin corneas or high prescriptions.
– Reduced Risk of Dry Eyes
– Lower Enhancement Rates
– Rapid Restoration of Vision (within hours of surgery)
– Highly Predictable
– Both Eyes Can Be Treated the Same Day
– Minimal Discomfort
– Wider Range of Correctable Prescriptions +5.00 to -15.00 Diopters
– Treatment of Astigmatism up to 6 Diopters
How does UltraLASIK work?
The cornea, a small area of transparent tissue at the front of the eye, provides two thirds of the eye’s focusing power. Altering its shape changes the power of the eye. UltraLASIK flattens the cornea to correct shortsightedness (Myopia) or steepness the cornea for farsightedness (Hyperopia). The reshaping process can also be used to correct astigmatism at the same time.
The surgeon creates an ultra thin corneal flap in the front of the cornea using the Femtosecond laser. Another laser is used to reshape the cornea under the flap. The flap is then replaced and adheres without the need for stitches. With the flap in place, the eye recovers quickly and vision is rapidly restored with minimal discomfort.
Sharif Eye Center
Block D, Building # 27, Ibn Sina Building
Dubai Healthcare City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Sharif Eye Center Dubai UAE | Sharif Eye Center Contact Details, Reviews, Location Map, Telephone Number, Address, Working Hours, Photos & Videos of Sharif Eye Center in Dubai UAE. Find Sharif Eye Center in Dubai business directory with contact details, telephone numbers, email addresses, websites, location maps, driving directions, costs, reviews and ratings.
Tags: Sharif Eye Center reviews, Sharif Eye Center location map, Sharif Eye Center telephone number, Sharif Eye Center opening hours, Sharif Eye Center photos & Pictures, Sharif Eye Center videos and Sharif Eye Center contact details.