- Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai
Unilever Gulf FZE in Jebel Ali Free Zone
Unilever Gulf FZE – On any given day, two billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life.
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.
Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names such as Blue Band, Pureit and Suave.
For us, sustainability is integral to how we do business. With 7 billion people on our planet, the earth’s resources can be strained.This means sustainable growth is the only acceptable model of growth for our business. The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan sets out to decouple our growth from our environmental impact, while at the same time increasing our positive social impact.
Our Plan has three big goals that by 2020 will enable us to:
– Help more than a billion people to improve their health and well-being.
– Halve the environmental footprint of our products.
– Source 100% of our agricultural raw materials sustainably and enhance the livelihoods of people across our value chain.
To embed sustainability into every stage of the life cycle of our products, we’re working with our suppliers to support responsible approaches to agriculture. We’re also learning from NGOs and other organisations, recognizing that building a truly sustainable business is not something we can do without expert advice.
At the heart of our business is our purpose – to make sustainable living commonplace. Companies are increasingly realizing the role that purpose can play and Unilever along with many others has signed up to the Blueprint for Better Business initiative, which helps business develop their purpose and embed it within the organization, as well as move the conversation of the business sector as a whole.
We believe that as a business we have a responsibility to our consumers and to the communities in which we have a presence. Around the world we invest in local economies and develop people’s skills inside and outside of Unilever. And through our business and brands, we run a range of programmes to promote hygiene, nutrition, empowerment and environmental awareness.
About our Brands
From long-established names like Lifebuoy, Sunlight and Pond’s to new innovations such as the Pureit affordable water purifier, our range of brands is as diverse as our worldwide consumer base. Unilever has more than 400 brands, 14 of which generate sales in excess of €1 billion a year. Many of these brands have long-standing, strong social missions, including Lifebuoy’s drive to promote hygiene through hand washing with soap, and Dove’s campaign for real beauty.
– Unilever is a unique company, with a proud history and a bright future. We have ambitious plans for sustainable growth and an intense sense of social purpose.
A Clear Direction
– Our purpose is to make sustainable living commonplace. We work to create a better future every day, with brands and services that help people feel good, look good, and get more out of life.
Our Priorities and Principles
– Unilever is committed to supporting sustainability and providing our consumers around the world with the products they need to look good, feel good and get more out of life.
A Better Future for Children
– Our oral care brands Signal and Close-Up encourage children to brush their teeth day and night for optimal dental health. We also partner the FDI World Dental Federation, supporting oral health programmes around the world
A Healthier Future
– Our Flora/Becel margarine brands have been scientifically proven to help reduce cholesterol levels
– Vaseline has launched the Vaseline Skin Care Foundation, providing research into skin conditions and support for people affected by them
– Lifebuoy soap has long had a presence in developing markets around the world, and its campaign to promote handwashing with soap was celebrated by 200 million people across 53 countries in 2013.
A More Confident Future
– Dove’s Campaign for Real Beauty uses real women instead of models in its advertising campaigns. The brand has also launched the Dove Self Esteem Fund which educates and inspires millions of young women
– Our Sunsilk hair care brand has partnered some of the world’s leading hair specialists to co-create formulas tailored to treat conditions such as hair-fall, frizz, limp locks and uncontrollable curls
– Close-Up toothpaste provides an affordable oral care solution for consumers in developing markets, allowing them to take care of their dental health and closer with confidence.
A Better Future for the Planet<
– We’re aiming to grow our business while reducing our environmental footprint and working across the supply chain for every brand to do so
– Our Laundry brands, including Surf, Omo, Persil and Comfort, have launched the Cleaner Planet Plan together, encouraging consumers to change their laundry habits to reduce water and energy consumption
– Our Lipton tea brand backs sustainable forest management projects in Africa
A Better Future for Farming and Farmers
– Many of our brands contain ethically and sustainably sourced ingredients that are independently certified
– Among these are Lipton tea, which is accredited by the Rainforest Alliance, and Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, which includes Fairtrade vanilla and almonds in various flavours
– Around half our raw materials come from agriculture and forestry, so we’re working towards making our key crops 100% sustainable.
UAE Unilever Gulf FZE-A free zone establishment having its registered office at P.O. Box 17055, Jebel Ali, Dubai, UAE
Consumer Goods, Household Chemicals, Personal Care Products, Food and Beverages, Beverages, Food
Unilever Gulf FZE in Jebel Ali Free Zone Dubai
Address: Unilever Gulf FZE Building Roundabout 13 Gate 5 Jebel Ali Free Zone
Dubai United Arab Emirates PO Box 17055